We would like to use cookies to store information on your computer, to improve our website. One of the cookies we use is essential for parts of the site to operate and has already been set. You may delete and block all cookies from this site, but parts of the site will not work. To find out more about the cookies we use and how to delete them, see our privacy notice. For privacy information for individuals within the European Union, see the SUNY GDPR privacy notice.
I accept cookies from this site.

Admissions FAQs

  • Frequently Asked Questions

    1. What are the admissions requirements if I am interested in applying to SUNY Erie?

      SUNY Erie is an open access institution. All applicants that meet high school graduation or equivalency requirements are admissible to the college. Additional requirements may be necessary if applying for a competitive major.
    2. What is the difference between matriculated and non-matriculated student?

      A matriculated student is one who has been admitted into a degree or certificate program at the college. A non-matriculated student is not accepted into a degree or certificate program, may only register for up to 11.5 credit hours, and will be ineligible for financial aid.
    3. I attended SUNY Erie in the past and I wish to return, what do I need to do?

      If there was a break in attendance, you are no longer considered an active student at the college. Therefore, you must submit a new application.
    4. Is there an application fee?

      No, there is not an application fee if you apply directly through the SUNY Erie website. Any student who applies via the SUNY application is subject to a non-refundable $50 application fee.
    5. I am interested in making an appointment to come and visit SUNY Erie, who do I contact?

      You can meet with an Admissions Counselor by calling (716) 851-1ECC and asking for our Student Support Services Center at the campus of your choice.
    6. Are there special prerequisites for students from outside of the U.S.?

      If you are a resident of a country outside of the U.S., please contact International Student Services at (716) 851-1359 or visit the International Student Services website.
    7. Do I have to wait until I’m accepted to apply for financial aid?

      The FAFSA and TAP applications can be filed online at any time either before or after you are accepted to the college. Please be sure to apply for aid as soon as possible to be considered for financial aid. If you have additional questions, please visit the Financial Aid website.
    8. What are the current tuition rates at SUNY Erie?

      SUNY Erie prides itself on offering an affordable, quality education. For more information on our current tuition and fees schedule, please go to Tuition and Fees.
    9. What are the office hours for Admissions?

      Each Admissions Office is open for business from 8 a.m.- 4 p.m., Monday through Friday. We service students in the evening until 6 p.m. every Monday at the City Campus, Tuesday at the North Campus and Wednesday at the South Campus.
    10. What is the phone number for a specific department or professor?

      You can access our Faculty/Staff Directory for contact information.
    11. Where do I get my bus pass?

      Students can request a bus pass at the Deans of Students Office at their home campus.
    12. Where do I get my parking sticker and student ID card?

      Parking stickers and ID cards are issued in the Security Office to students who have registered for classes.
    13. When is the next placement test?

      To view the ACCUPLACER® Test Schedule, visit Placement Testing.
    14. How can I get a placement test waiver?

      All applicants are reviewed for ACCUPLACER®  Test waivers. You will be notified of your waiver status by mail. To view the criteria for placement test waivers, go to our Test Waiver page.
    15. Do you require the SAT or ACT?

      No, standardized test scores are not a part of the Admissions criteria.  However, if you have taken the SAT or ACT, your scores will be reviewed for a possible ACCUPLACER® Test Waiver.
    16. Is there access to on campus housing?

      Currently, there is no on campus housing.
    17. Do you offer child care options?

      SUNY Erie is aware of how difficult it can be to juggle the responsibilities of school, work and parenting. Therefore, childcare is offered at the City, North and South campuses for the children of students, faculty and staff.
    18. I was academically dismissed from SUNY Erie, how do I reapply?

      Students who have been academically dismissed from the college must fill out an Appeal packet to be considered for acceptance to the college. An Appeal packet can be obtained in the Student Support Services Center at each campus. For more information, please call (716) 851-1ECC and ask for the Student Support Services Center.
    19. I am affiliated with the Armed Forces and would like to discuss my options, who should I contact?

      Anyone who may be associated with the Armed Forces, whether you are a veteran, active military, or a dependent is encouraged to call (716) 851-1ECC and ask for the Veterans Affairs Office or visit the Veterans Affairs website.
  • Need Help?


    City Campus
    Student Support Center, Room O102A
    45 Oak Street
    Buffalo, NY 14203
    P: (716) 851-1155
    F: (716) 270-2821
    M8 a.m. - 6 p.m.
    T, W, Th and F8 a.m. - 4 p.m.
    North Campus
    Spring Student Center, Room 206
    6205 Main Street
    Williamsville, NY 14221
    P: (716) 851-1455
    F: (716) 270-2961
    M, W, Th and F8 a.m. - 4 p.m.
    T8 a.m. - 6 p.m.
    South Campus
    Building 5, Room 5200
    4041 Southwestern Blvd.
    Orchard Park, NY 14127
    P: (716) 851-1655
    F: (716) 851-1687
    M, T, Th and F8 a.m. - 4 p.m.
    W8 a.m. - 6 p.m.