We would like to use cookies to store information on your computer, to improve our website. One of the cookies we use is essential for parts of the site to operate and has already been set. You may delete and block all cookies from this site, but parts of the site will not work. To find out more about the cookies we use and how to delete them, see our privacy notice. For privacy information for individuals within the European Union, see the SUNY GDPR privacy notice.
I accept cookies from this site.
  • Tax Information

    The 1098T forms are available to all students via MyECC. You can access their form by logging into MyECC at https://myecc.ecc.edu. Once you are in MyECC, you can find your student account information on the homepage under WebAdvisor. Click on Financial Information and then View My 1098T Forms.  This form may be printed and re-printed at home as many times as you would need. Paper copies will be mailed to all students unless you have opted out of receiving a paper form. You may opt out of receiving a mailed copy by checking the option in 1098 Electronic Consent.

    The college keeps student accounts active for a minimum of one year from the last course you attend. The student account site contains detailed information of all account activity. Statements can be printed by semester at home for your convenience. If a student has an issue logging into MyECC, they can call the CITS Help Desk to get assistance at (716) 851-1835 or e-mailing helpdesk@ecc.edu.

    If you have questions regarding your 1098T form, please go to refer to Tax Benefits for Education: Information Center. The IRS has replaced the Hope Credit with the new and revised American Opportunity and Lifetime Learning Tax Credit. The IRS website has detail information about the tax credit, as well as instructions and other related information about the 1098T form.

    For your protection, this form will show only the last four digits of your social security number. The school has reported your complete social security number to the IRS, and where applicable to state and or local governments.

    Per IRS Regulations, the college does not have to file a form 1098T or furnish a statement for:

    • Courses for which no academic credit is offered, even if the student is otherwise enrolled in a degree program.
    • Nonresident alien students, unless requested by the student.
    • Students whose qualified tuition and related expenses are entirely waived or paid entirely with scholarships.
    • Students whose qualified tuition and related expenses are covered by a formal billing arrangement between our institution and the student's employer or a governmental entity, such as the Departments of Veteran Affairs or the Department of Defense.

    Student Account Services is only able to answer general questions regarding tuition, fees and financial aid applied. The staff are not qualified nor permitted to give out any tax advice or information. Please contact a reliable tax preparer for information or assistance with your tax return.

    Please note these forms are created as regulations require supplying all billing and financial aid transactions by the date they occurred. The transaction dates are not by semester, but by the actual calendar date between January 1st up to and including December 31st.

    The instructions that come with your form clearly states: The institution may report either payments during the calendar year in Box #1 OR amounts billed during the calendar year in Box # 2. SUNY Erie uses the second method of reporting amounts billed in Box #2 and DOES NOT report payments made to the college. The amount shown in box 1 or 2 may represent a different amount other than the amount actually paid.

    If you feel that the 1098T information is incorrect on your form, you can fill out a Student Account Dispute Form with Student Account Services. All responses will be handle in order of receipt and will be addressed as soon as possible.

  • Need Help?

    Student Account Services

    City Campus
    Room O150E
    45 Oak Street
    Buffalo, NY 14203
    P: (716) 851-1164
    North Campus
    Room S117
    6205 Main Street
    Williamsville, NY 14221
    P: (716) 851-1463
    South Campus
    Room 5223
    4041 Southwestern Blvd.
    Orchard Park, NY 14127
    P: (716) 851-1988
    F: (716) 851-1865